Saturday, November 15, 2008


6/24/95: Tonight, on Extreme Championship Wrestling, you will see Raven and his dogs of war, the Pit Bulls, annihilate the man once known as the Tazmaniac. And then I will liberate from the bonds of the oppression of his ancestors, 2 Cold Scorpio. And finally, Tommy Dreamer, there will not be a sanctuary; there will be no haven; there will be no place for you to hide. Because I will end your career tonight, as you know it. And, if that's not enough, Luna Vachon, the queen of extreme, the woman who PMS was named after, will be defeated in the center 1-2-3 by the penthouse pet. And the entire dynasty of Vachons-Mad Dog, the uncle; the father, Butcher; and the slut, Vivian-will turn over in their collective graves they should've been buried in years ago when Luna is pinned by "it." Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

6/24/95: (after the Beulah-Luna match)Crucifixion. Vindication. Absolution. And just one short step away from complete and total revenge. (laughing) Tommy Dreamer, I feel your pain. And Luna Vachon, I feel your pain. So it is written. I'm starting to feel good, myself. Quote the Raven, nevermore.

8/19/95:Faith, hope, and charity; the cornerstones of a civilized society. However, things are a little different in my world. In my world, child abuse runs rampant. The dysfunctionality of the nuclear family. War, famine, poverty. So it is written, and so it shall come to pass-[Stevie and Dudley Dudley speak]-Decadence, debauchery, violence; these are the things that populate Raven's world. An 8-man tag, a master plan. Tommy Dreamer, there is no master plan because the brightness of my intelligence will illuminate the darkness of your ignorance. And whosoever you find to stand by your side in an 8-man tag will, eventually, come to worship at the altar of my pain. So it is written, so it shall come to pass. Quote the Raven, nevermore.

12/23/95:[Heavenly Bodies speak]...Public Enemy, the Heavenly Bodies are two more disciples who have worshipped me from afar. And when they vanquish you, they get rid of two more friends of Tommy Dreamer. Quote the Raven, nevermore.

2/3/96:Tommy Dreamer, it's endgame. I've got a new girl. I've got the gold. I don't need Beulah. I don't need Beulah. Never did.

2/10/96:(cuddling Kimona) I wanna introduce everybody to my most cherished possession...(shoves Kimona)...the world championship belt.

2/24/96:In China , if you're caught stealing, they cut off your hands. In Indonesia , if you're caught running from the police, they cut off your feet. In Thailand , if you're caught lying, they cut out your tongue. You got my girlfriend pregnant, so you know what your punishment's gonna be?!?

2/24/96:Tommy Dreamer, didn't you realize that two men, railroaded by the system, would never side with you? You took my girl, and you took my life. But didn't even think they'd be seduced by my power. Quote the Raven, nevermore.

4/20/96:Kimona Wanalaya is gonna cost me my title. She's gonna cost me my soul. So it is written, so it shall come to pass. But there's one saving grace. There's one saving grace. It's gonna hurt me a little less than it's gonna hurt Tommy Dreamer. And this weekend, you're gonna see the divorce of Tommy Dreamer and Beulah McGillicutty. Quote the Raven, nevermore. (laughs) It hurts so good?

5/18/96:The reason that I brought Kimona Wanalaya to Extreme Championship Wrestling is because I knew that her and Beulah were having an affair. And I felt as long as I was with Kimona I could be with Beulah, in spirit. It's funny, Joey. When I was with Kimona, sometimes, I could still taste Beulah. Beulah McGillicutty left me because she found me abusive, Joey. She found me abusive, and so she lied to Tommy Dreamer. And he took her in. So it is written, and so it shall come to pass. But she is indicative of [censored] in our society. They are a disease-ridden, pestilence infested tramps. The entire [censored] population has sunk to such lows, Joey Styles. They are unfathomable. It is a swirling cesspool of ignominy and hate and disease. Steve Richards, I want you to go forth and bring me a woman who is so low, so disgusting, so beneath contempt. I want you to go forth and bring me the skankiest, [censored], putrid, nymphomaniacal, ugly, tramp [censored], that you can possibly find. Then, I will present her, and allow her to feel my pain. Quote the Raven, nevermore.

6/22/96:Richards, why have you made me return to the twisted anguish of the playground of my youth? First, you brought me Beulah, out of my past. A woman I didn't care for as a child, who I grew to love more than anything ever in my life. And she left me. And then, you brought me Kimona, who I didn't care for but; nevertheless, left me for Beulah. So I told you to go forth and find me the skankiest, the sluttiest, [censored] you could find. And you brought me Divine Brown, a woman who performed carnal knowledge on Hugh Grant in a BMW on Sunset Boulevard. No. She did not fit the specifications. She was not quite disgusting enough. She hadn't been with enough people. She was not the epitome of women in our society. So I gather, by the fact that you brought me here, that you have something to show me, Stevie. It better be goddamn good. [Stevie intros Bluedust]

7/6/96:[episode starts in mid-sentence] ...of fast cars, of unwarranted hedonism. In order to bring a child onto this earth, a mother spends nine months with a baby in her womb. A fetus. Giving up cigarettes, alcohol...giving it all of her attention, just to bring this child onto the earth. And then, for 18 years, 18 long years, they spend raising this child, catering to every whim, giving it every single thing it wants whether it be nursing, schooling, educational, health, it doesn't matter. Suffering at every turn, and gladly, because they'll do anything to make sure this child is raised properly and correctly. And isn't it kinda funny, that yet they turn to me for their salvation? For absolution. For benediction. The torturous parenting that you gave them; the childlike lessons that you tried to instill meant nothing. Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Shannon Hoon, even Kurt Cobain couldn't deliver these children from the torment, from the pain, the anguish, the suffering that they spent an entire lifetime coming to grips with. You see, the mind that controls the children is the mind that controls the future. And I am their salvation! Tyler: Quote the Raven, nevermore.(laughs) You see, I control the children. Or, at least, Sandman's...

9/14/96:Inside this woman's body began the constant evolution of the Sandman's successor. For nine months, she gave of her own body to nurture this helpless, dependent being. And from this womb begat an heir. A male heir to the Fullington family lineage. A living, breathing embodiment of the Sandman's immortality. The blood of his blood; the flesh of his flesh; the continuation of his chromosomes, of the bloodline of the Fullington family name. As his heritage was passed down from his father, James, and his father, who was entrusted with the continuance of the family name by his father, David, and his father before him and his father before him, unlike me! Disowned by my family, denied my birthright. Forced to create my own existence from my own personal turmoil. This woman created life, but fate determined it would not be to me, but another. And so it was written, and so it came to pass that James and Lori Fullington...James and Lori Fullington would have a son, Tyler. And he would be given the inalienable right and the undeniable privilege to have bestowed on him parents who wanted him. No matter how hateful, how vicious, how violent, and how irreparable the differences between them are; the bond between a father and son can never be broken.Lori: Until now!

11/16/96:Sandman, you filed for custody. You sent for the lawyers. You made me leave the country! Do you have any idea what it's like to be an unwanted child? Do you have any idea what it's like to be shunned by your peers? Do you have any idea what it's like to possess another man's child? Sandman, November 16th, I'm bringing the child and I'm bringing my pain. You come as you are. Bring the belt. Because November To Remember is gonna be a night that you wished you could forget. Quote the Raven, nevermore.

12/14/96:Styles: ... A new ECW Champion was crowned - Raven now holds the gold - and tonight, Raven, you regained the ECW World Heavyweight Title from the Sandman; without any help from your flunkies - - Styles, I regained my ECW World Heavyweight Title the same way I've accomplished everything else in my entire life... by myself. But remember this, Joey Styles, I never lost the belt to begin with.Styles: No, it was Stevie Richards who defended it in your absence -- My absence... My absence... I was in rehab for the fifth time in seven years... And Paul E. and Tod Gordon figured this was a wonderful opportunity to remove the belt from a man with too many personal problems, too much emotional baggage. They knew Stevie Richards wasn't man enough to handle a guy like the Sandman and so once more, the people's champion, the Sandman, became the Extreme World Heavyweight Champion... Do you know why I got title shots upon my return? They knew it'd be big box office, they knew people would pay a lot of money to see Raven and the Sandman... But they never thought I'd win. They never thought I had it in me! They thought I had nothing left. Well I'll tell you what - I've got plenty left. And there's not a man on the entire planet that can beat me. You sent everybody ya' got -- hell, bring the legend back! It won't make a difference... Because there's only one man in the entire world that can beat me, and he's been trying ever since I was a small child... and he's never done it -Styles: - Tommy Dreamer -- No -- me. Quote the Raven... nevermore...

2/97:Tommy Dreamer has never, ever pinned me. On last weeks' program, they made a big deal about Tommy Dreamer's career. A video retrospective. Yet there was no footage of him beating me... Because he never has. And he never will. Tommy Dreamer, you think that this is your time. Well, Tommy Dreamer, it will never be your time, as it will never be for your mentor, for your hero, that 53 year old man, that five-and-dime cartoon, would-be legend Terry Funk. Don't you understand, that all the young wrestlers look at you, they point and laugh in your direction. You're old, Terry Funk. You are a has-been, and you are washed up. But what infuriates me worst of all is you're so old - you could be my father... And I hate my father. And every time I get you in a ring, I'm gonna' beat you, and I'm gonna' hit you like that old man did to me. Like that abusive bastard did to me when I was a child! My father beat me, Terry Funk, and I'm gonna' beat you the same way. You see, Terry Funk, it isn't enough that I wanna hurt you, I wanna end you; I wanna' end your career, I wanna end your life! Because you remind me of my father, and all the sadistic things he did to me. The molestation, the beatings, the divorce, the time he never spent with me... All the baseball games that all my friends went to, and I never got to go to. That was the childhood I never had. The childhood Tyler Fullington... - Sandman, what kind of childhood does your son have? A whole much better one since he left you.Sandman, I took your son, I took your wife, I took my belt back... Sandman, you don't have the guts, you don't have the balls, you don't have the intestinal fortitude, to come back and take any of it. You can never take this from me, this will go to my grave. If you want your wife and kid it's a different story. You're gonna' have to go see Stevie Richards for that. The BWO - they've got your kids* now. Stevie Richards - ha - Just like everybody else deserted me, when I needed him the most... When I needed him the most he decided he wanted his own career. He didn't wanna' be my lackey any more... He didn't wanna' be my flunky. He decided it was time for him to become a man. Well, Stevie Richards... before you leave that Nest, I'm gonna' give you one last chance: You come back; you come back to Raven's Nest and almost everything will be forgiven...Stevie Richards, Terry Funk, Sandman, Tommy Dreamer... I've had enough of all of you, I've had enough of Paul Heyman and Tod Gordon, I am the ECW World Heavyweight Champion!! Do not incur the wrath of Raven. Do not incur my wrath anymore!! You want the belt - you come and get it. But it ain't gonna' happen. Quote me, nevermore.

3/97Terry Funk, if you're gonna bore us to death with those war stories, at least have the decency to buy us all another round. You see, it's a vicious, twisted little thing, that rumbles in the night, and then giggles to itself, it can tear a family apart, it can drive a man insane, and for no particular reason. It's called fate. And it's fate put you and I together, Terry Funk... every dog will not have it's day. You talk about how your dad died in your arms, I wish my dad would've died in my arms. I would've had a much happier childhood. Every dog does not have it's day, Terry Funk. Not in my world. I am the ECW World Heavyweight Champion for one particular reason... Because no one can beat me, and certainly not you. Quote the Raven, nevermore.

4/12/97Sometimes in life, we make our own choices. Sometimes the choice is made for us. And sometimes, there is no choice, at all. So it is written, and so it shall come to pass. I visited an old friend of mine today...a 117 year-old gypsy lady...who makes a living by telling people's fortunes. As we sat down and she went into some sort of trance, she started speaking some sort of gibberish. And I could make out two words: fear and dreams. Then she started singing; a song from my youth. It went, "Listen carefully to the sound as the heartbeat drives you mad?in the stillness and the memory of what you had. And what you lost. And what you had. And what you lost." And it made me think of the day they first took the ECW World Title away from me. I was in rehab...for addictions that were no one's business but my own. And a junkie walked up to me, on methadone...trying to clean him up...and he said to me, he goes, "What would you be doing right now if you weren't here?" 'Cause, obviously, he'd be out scoring. And then and there, it sunk into me. The pain and the anguish and what it meant to lose one of the only two things in my life that I loved. And now, I've got three gunslingers coming for me. Sandman, Stevie Richards, and Terry Funk. I'm gonna have to be Mr. Miracle to pull this one off, because those are three determined individuals; three men who hate me; three men who despise me; and three men who want to wear my title more than anything they want in their entire lives. And all that pain that I'm gonna have to suffer. And all the anguish, and the torment, and the desperation...It makes me feel alive. I feel my own pain, and I like it. Quote the World Heavyweight Champion, forevermore.

4/26/97:I have dealt with more pain; I have dealt with more suffering; I have dealt with more anguish than any human being should have to bear. I've suffered at the hands of my parents. I've suffered at the hands of my friends. I've suffered in every conceivable manner, and I'm tired. I'm real tired. I'm sick and tired of the hurting. I'm sick and tired of the agony. I'm sick and tired of the anguish. And if my life on earth is going to be a living hell, then I invite Tommy Dreamer, Terry Funk, Stevie Richards...to join me.- (storming through locker area, kicking things)You know what? Fuck that! Fuck that! I'm not going any place for anybody. Stevie Richards! Where the hell are you, Stevie Richards! C'mon, Stevie Richards, come out! I want a (Meanie is in his path) Get out of my way, you fat fuck. (shoves Meanie down) Stevie Richards! Stevie Richards! (enters BWO locker room) Stevie: What the hell are you doing in here?- You and I have one, final, mission together, Stevie Richards. We've got one final mission. Stevie: Oh, you know...What do you mean, destroy the Sandman, Terry Funk, Tommy Dreamer ? - No, you stupid idiot! (kicks Stevie and breaks something over his head) I want you to take me out! (desperately) End my pain, Stevie! End my pain! Take-me-out! Stevie, take me out! Please, Stevie, end it for me. End it for me! End my life, Stevie. Take me out, Stevie. End it. End my life. End my misery. End my misery, Stevie. End my misery. Stevie Richards, end my pain. C'mere, Stevie. (cradles Stevie) End my pain, Stevie. End my pain. End my pain. ( speaking lower and lower) End my pain. End my pain. I feel your pain?

5/3/97:They took everything I have. They took the woman I loved, the nest I built, the cult I developed, the following I amassed, and the devotion I controlled. I had no remorse. I had no guilt. I had no conscience. And now, I truly have nothing left to live for...except to take Terry Funk and Tommy Dreamer with me. Quote the Rav--Stevie Richards. Come back, Stevie Richards. You're welcome. You're wanted. I'm proud of you, Stevie. You?ve earned your keep. It's time for one final mission: to burn this place to the ground. To take the Funker out; to kill the dream! Stevie Richards, all is forgiven. It's time to come home. I miss you, Stevie. All is forgiven. All is forgiven. All is forgiven. All is forgiven. Quote your brother, forevermore.

No comments: